- > Why Travel With Us
- > Our Blog
- > Letter from Dan
- > 2013 Schedule of Depatures
- > Digital Edition of the 2013 Catalog
- > Our Staff
- > About Dan Austin
- > Our Guides
- > Meet Our Guides
- > Philanthropy
- > Travel Planning Resources
- > Austin-Lehman's Top Tens
- > Top Ten Bike Rides
- > Top Ten UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- > Top Ten Historic Sites
- > Top Ten Hotels/Lodges
- > Top Ten Restaurants
- > Top Ten Wildlife Destinations
- > Top Ten Rafting/Kayaking Outfitters
- > Top Ten Rivers
- > Top Ten Guides
- > Top Ten Picnic Spots
- > Top Ten Hikes
- > Top Ten Desserts and Chocolates
- > Top Ten Family Adventures
- > Top Ten Best Sellers
- > Top Ten Must-Pack Items
- > Top Ten Beaches
- > Top Ten Massages
- > Top Ten Canyons
- > Top Ten Photography Myths
- > Top Ten Places to Unplug
- > Image Gallery
- > Adventure Videos
- > 2013 Preserve a Park
- > Webinars
- > Travel Journals
- > Our Equipment
- > Our Lodgings and Cuisine
- > Travel Professionals
- > Austin-Lehman Reviews
- > Company Awards
- > Trusted Adventures
- > Newsletter Archive
- > Employment
- > FAQ
- > Media Center
- > Our Partners
- > Local Bites
- > Refer a Friend
- > Namibia Conservancy Tourism Exchange
- > Eastern Mountain Sports
Yellowstone/Tetons Guide Lincoln BakerBack to Guide Pages >>
Guide: Lincoln Baker
Short Bio: Lincoln spent most of his youth in and around the Northeast with the majority of time in Marblehead, Massachusetts. By the age of six, he was already out learning how to sail his own boat and racing against the other kids in town. Growing up on the ocean and near the mountains lead to a huge fascination and love for the outdoors. Lincoln has made it his mission to experience life in many different locations. From touring New Zealand and Australia, to running a hostel in Costa Rica, and biking from Hood River, Oregon to Mexico, he tends to find himself chasing the "buzz" of a new experience. Some of Lincoln's goals include biking around Australia, sailing around the world, and learning to fly a helicopter. He loves to guide as it combines two if his passions: people and the outdoors.
Trips Guided by Lincoln:
- Washington - Best of the Northwest Adventure
- Yosemite Family - Domes, Rivers & Waterfalls
- Montana - Big Sky Family
- Yellowstone Family - Geysers & Grizzlies
- Yellowstone/Teton Family - Bull Moose to Bucking Broncos
- Wyoming/Grand Teton - Valley Floors to Jagged Peaks Adventure
- Glacier Multisport Adventure
Lincoln's Guide Survey:
What’s your favorite vacation destination?
My personal favorite destination is New Zealand... It's a bit of everything under the sun.
What’s your favorite hike?
My favorite hike is Disappointment peak in the Tetons.
What’s your favorite bike ride?
Going-to-The-Sun-Road in Glacier National Park.
What’s your favorite trip to guide?
Costa Rica and Yellowstone/Tetons.
Costa Rica for its diversity, culture and amazing waves. Yellowstone/Tetons for the mountains and wildlife.
What do you do that makes a guest’s vacation special?
Get to know each person really well and try to search for, and find, what makes them feel excited about life.
Favorite Movie: Shawshank Redemption, No Country for Old Men, 3:10 to Yuma
Book: In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick
Favorite Song: Jammin' by Bob Marley
Describe the most amazing experience you’ve had while guiding a trip:
Seeing a crew of 7 guests with the hugest smiles on their faces after an afternoon waterskiing, sunbathing,
and barbequing on Jackson Lake!!!!!
When did you first catch the travel bug?
I grew up moving around. I moved 17 times before I was 20 years old!!!.... It's in my blood.
What are your hobbies?
Kiteboarding, Skiing, Skateboarding, Playing Music, Building Furniture, and buying and selling trinkets......."Buy, Sell, and Trade....!!!!"