- > Why Travel With Us
- > Our Blog
- > Letter from Dan
- > Our Staff
- > About Dan Austin
- > Our Guides
- > Meet Our Guides
- > Philanthropy
- > Travel Planning Resources
- > Austin Adventures' Top Tens
- > Image Gallery
- > Adventure Videos
- > 2014 Preserve a Park
- > Webinars
- > Travel Journals
- > Our Equipment
- > Our Lodgings and Cuisine
- > Travel Professionals
- > Austin Adventures Reviews
- > Company Awards
- > Trusted Adventures
- > Newsletter Archive
- > Employment
- > FAQ
- > Media Center
- > Our Partners
- > Local Bites
- > Refer a Friend
- > Namibia Conservancy Tourism Exchange
Top Tens by the AA Team
Top Ten Rafting/Kayaking Outfitters
Kasey's favorite outfitters for rafting and kayaking.
1. Costa Rica: Pacuare River Raft – class III and IV “pool and drop” white water, meaning this river is FUN but safe!
2. Wyoming | Yellowstone/Teton: Kayak Jackson Lake - backdrop of Mount Moran seemingly jutting straight out of the lake. Be on the lookout for deer, bears, and otters on the banks!
3. British Columbia | Whistler: Elaho River Raft – offers plenty of challenges for experts and novices. Some of North America’s most exhilarating rapids traveling through British Columbia’s most inspiring wilderness.
4. Idaho Family | Salmon River Raft: Salmon River Raft – a multiday rafting trip providing a great mix of “floating” and whitewater with camps on beautiful sandy beaches along the way.
5. Oregon | Crater Lake: Rogue River Raft – the wild section of the Rogue River is one of the most popular whitewater runs in the world! Rapids are exciting but safe, the water is warm enough to swim in and the scenery is breathtaking!
6. Croatia | Dalmation Coast: Kayak Pakleni Islands near Hvar – crystal clear blue waters, sunshine, and seclusion!
7. South Africa | Cape Town to Kruger: Kayak Simonstown Harbor to Boulder Beach – one of the most unique places in the world. You’ll paddle to Boulder Beach to see South African penguins!
8. Nicaragua | Cerro Negro to San Juan del Sur: Kayak Asese Peninsula - Notice the existing nature between the towering volcano and the famous Mombacho islets of Lake Nicaragua. This archipelago originated by the eruption of the impressive Mombacho Volcano thousands of years ago, leaving us with this breathtaking scenery.
9. Utah | Arches to Moab: Raft Colorado River – allows you to enjoy the outstanding red rock scenery and majestic wildlife!
10. Alberta | Banff to Jasper: Raft Kicking Horse River – renowned as the Whitewater Gem of the Canadian Rockies.