Costa Rica | Osa Peninsula & Savegre Forest Itinerary
(Host City: San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO))
Day 1: San Jose
Day 2: Palmar Sur, Sierpe River
Day 3: Corcovado National Park
Day 4: Caño Island
Day 5: Savegre
Day 6: Savegre
Day 7: San Jose
Quotes From the Field:
"Following the last Austin-Lehman adventure, we knew our experience could not be matched; yet amazingly, this trip surpassed all!"
Amy Vance - Saverna Park, MD
Costa Rica Adventure Vacations
Rivers, rainforests, coral reefs and nature reserves
Costa Rica – “the rich coast” – is renowned not only for its white-sand beaches and pristine waters teeming with aquatic life, but also for its virgin rainforest, home to countless species of flora and fauna. Experience the best of both worlds as you explore from coast to mountainous interior on this weeklong adventure.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Navigate the Sierpe River through the largest mangrove wetlands on the Pacific Coast of Central America before arriving at your Osa Peninsula jungle lodge, accessible only by boat
- Spot tapirs, jaguars and scarlet macaws in Corcovado National Park, deemed “one of the most biologically intense places on earth” by National Geographic
- Learn the history and mystery behind the perfectly spherical hand-carved stones at an ancient Indian burial ground on Caño Island
- Snorkel among colorful coral reefs and picnic beneath coconut palms on a white-sand beach
- Come nose to beak with the magnificent Quetzal on a private nature reserve in the Savegre Cloud Forest
Click here for more information on Austin-Lehman Adventure's Costa Rica vacations:
Costa Rica: Costa Rica | Arenal Rainforest to Manuel Antonio
Costa Rica: Costa Rica | Arenal to Tortuguero
Night 1: Grano de Oro
Situated on a shady street just off Paseo Colon, San Jose’s main thoroughfare, Hotel Grano de Oro is a true oasis in the heart of the city. Converted from a Tropical Victorian mansion, the 40-room hotel maintains the warmth and comfort of a private home with all the amenities of a fine hotel. Service is paramount and the perpetually smiling staff of the Hotel Grano de Oro welcome guests to their “home away from home” time and again.
Nights 2-4: Casa Corcovado Lodge
Located in a prime location on the edge of Corcovado National Park, the Casa Corcovado Lodge offers Spanish colonial-style Bungalows spread around a lucious garden for maximum privacy. This unique lodge was constructed with the highest concern for conservation in harmony with the landscape and the environment and is commited to responsible tourism.
Nights 5-6: Savegre Lodge
Fifty-five miles south of San José in a private natural reserve of 400 hectares and only five miles from Los Quetzales National Park, Hotel Savegre is the ideal starting point for exploring Costa Rica's magnificent tropical cloud forest in all its beauty. Hotel Savegre's services are the perfect complement for every nature lover seeking a memorable experience.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go:
1. Considered the "crown jewel" of the Costa Rica national park system, Corcovado National Park has been described by National Geographic as one of the most biologically intense places on Earth.
2. Though Costa Rica is a very small country, it contains 5% of the world's plant and animal species.
3. In Costa Rica, the Quetzal bird primarily eats wild avacado, which they swallow whole! Many believe that it is through the Quetzal bird that the avacado seeds are spread.