Holland | Unbeatable Holland Itinerary
(Host City: Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS))
Day 2: Leiden
Day 3: Noordwijk
Day 4: Gouda
Day 4: Noordwijk
Day 5: Noordwijk
Day 6: Aalsmeer / Amsterdam
Quotes From the Field
“It perfectly balanced city and country, as well as activity and relaxation, with insider knowledge and phenomenal routes.”
Karen Brandt, Byfield, MA
Holland Cycling Tours
Holland has never before been so accessible
Offered at a rate you simply can’t refuse, this six-day Holland biking adventure has it all: fascinating history, charming towns, rambling rivers, soft-sand beaches, and fabulous fare.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Pedal along a picturesque canal in Schoonhoven, a quaint town at the confluence of the Vlist and Lek rivers
- Explore Gouda, a peaceful city famous for its cheeses, pottery, pipes, and candles
- Learn about the history and production process of the centuries-old craft of Delftware
- Visit the Museum of Antiquity and the 14th century botanical gardens in Leiden, birthplace of Rembrandt and home to the oldest university in the Netherlands
- Pedal a watery wonderland of canals, lakes and windmills in Lisse
- Walk the pier, or along the soft sand beach, in Scheveningen
- During the Spring, breath in the intoxicating aroma of tulips, hayacinths and daffodils as you explore the famous gardens and flower fields of Keukenhof
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Holland vacations:
Holland: Holland Family | Amsterdam to Odoorn
Holland: Holland | Haarlem to Odoorn
Holland: Holland | Highlights of Holland
6 days/5 nights
Night 1: Best Western Plus City Gouda
The Best Western Plus opened its doors in August of 2012. This brand new hotel is situated in historic Gouda, minutes from the car-free city center. It is also within walking distance of shopping, museums, and a cheese market. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.
Nights 2: Tulip Inn Leiden Center
Ideally located near the center of Leiden, the Tulip Inn brings you within walking distance of the canals, museums, and history of the “City of the Golden Century.” The Tulip Inn Leiden Center is a comfortable and inviting location, the perfect place to relax at the end of the day.
Nights 3 - 5: Golden Tulip Hotel Noordwijk Beach
Situated on the boulevard and the beach in the city center, the hotel has comfortable rooms with views of the land or the sea. The restaurant, terrace, bar, relaxation center with swimming pool/Jacuzzi/hydro-massage, sauna, solarium and steam cabin provides guests with a pleasant and unforgettable stay.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. The flowers: Experience why spring time in Holland is so famous as you peddle past meadows filled with colorful and fragrant flowers.
2. The canals: Take a night time stroll along the magestically illuminated canals of Leiden.
3. The Artists: Though Rembrandt is arguably the most famous, Holland is home to several well-known artists. Enjoy the masterpieces of Rembrandt, Rubens and Vermeer.
4. Cheese: Excite your palate when you visit Gouda and taste the cheese for which the city is famous.