Alaska Family | Kenai Peninsula Itinerary
(Host City: Anchorage, Alaska (ANC))
Day 1: Alaska Railroad/Fox Island/Resurrection Bay
Day 2: Kenai Fjords wilderness cruise/Seward
Day 3: Exit Glacier/Harding Icefield
Day 4: Johnson Pass Trail/Hope/Girdwood
Day 5: Winner Creek Trail/Byron Glacier
Day 6: Girdwood to Indian Creek/Anchorage (departure)
Quotes From the Field:
“From beginning to end our ALA experience was the adventure we hoped for and more. Our knowledgeable guides took care of our every need. The itinerary, lodging, and restaurants were top-notch, and we came home knowing we had just been on the trip of a lifetime!”
Steve and Joanne Kahlke - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Alaska Family Vacations
Fun in the land of the midnight sun
Explore the Kenai Peninsula at a comfortable pace by train, small ship, sea kayak, mountain bike and foot. Wild, pristine and blessed with an abundance of astounding scenery and wildlife, the wonders of Alaska amaze explorers of all ages.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Kayak Resurrection Bay in search of sea otters,sea lions and puffins
- Explore the inter-tidal life zone on Fox Island,on the hunt for sea urchins, anemones and limpets
- Feel the cool of a tidal glacier on a nature cruise into Kenai Fjords National Park
- Hike to an overlook of the 300-square mile Harding Ice Field
- Bike past thundering waterfalls and wildflower meadows to the old Gold Rush town of Hope
- Learn about wildlife recovery at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Feast on fresh-off-the-boat seafood and perfectly roasted s’mores, telling stories around a bonfire under an Alaskan midnight sun
Click here for more information on Austin-Lehman Adventure's Alaska vacations:
Alaska: Alaska Cruise | Northern Passages & Glacier Bay
Alaska: Alaska | Kenai Peninsula
6 days/5 nightsNight 1: Fox Island Wildernes Lodge
This beautifully rustic lodge is situated on a 3 square mile island. Charming, romantic and completely private, Fox Island is accessible only by boat and features cozy cabins in a rocky island cove setting. Nights 2 & 3: Windsong Lodge
Situated in a thick spruce grove with a panoramic view of the Resurrection River Valley, the Windsong Lodge is Seward's finest accommodation.Nights 4 & 5: Alyeska Resort
Nestled in the Chugach Mountains, this elegant hotel boasts lovely guestrooms, expansive views, a full-service spa and the award-winning Seven Glaciers restaurant 2,000 feet above the hotel.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go on our Alaska family vacations…
1. For the gold! Equipped with a sifting pan you'll get to search for real Alaskan gold – finder's keepers!
2. The S'mores: they’ve never tasted better than roasted over a beach campfire on a secluded island.
3. The daylight: with Alaska's midnight sun, it's never too dark to play long after dinner.
4. The zip line across Crow Creek: it's fast and fun – kids love it!