A once-in-a-lifetime, heart-thumping, finger-licking Greek Isles adventure
From the ancient Acropolis of Athens to Santorini’s spectacular caldera, this eight-day adventure takes you into the heart of Greece’s most iconic cultural sites and idyllic Islands.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch
- Tread in the footsteps of the first modern Olympians at Panathinaiko Stadium
- Explore the sacred island of Delos, birthplace of Apollo and home to archeological wonders dating back to the third millennium BC
- Wind your way through a maze of narrow, whitewashed streets on Mykonos
- Try your hand at homemade kolokithokeftedes (zuchinni fritters) and tzatziki in a private cooking class
- Navigate the secluded beaches, caves and islets of Antiparos aboard a traditional fishing boat, pausing for a refreshing swim in crystal-clear Aegean waters and a picnic lunch
- Savor a postcard-perfect sunset and fresh-off-the-boat seafood as you dine 1,000-feet over the Aegean on the breathtaking island of Santorini
* Each guest that books a spot on our Active Vacation in Greece will receive a copy of Barbara Bonfigli's new book Café Tempest: Adventures on a Small Greek Island
- a smart, funny and acclaimed travel memoir that celebrates life, love, Shakespeare, and the redeeming power of retsina.
...or call 800.575.1540
8 days/7 nightsNight 1: Hera Hotel
Hera Hotel welcomes its guests with the genuine warmth of definitive hospitality, combined with an impeccable service, comfort and the exceptional atmosphere of a boutique hotel. It’s convenient location, right into the heart of the old Athens, allows its guest to traverse through ancient times by strolling through the historic center of the city.Nights 2-5: Hotel Paros Agnanti
The meeting point of natural beauty, tradition and civilization. In perfect harmony with the Cyclades landscape, that respects the traditional architecture and the environment, Paros Agnanti is a source of good life, a natural, luxurious creation for those who seek privacy with a cosmopolitan touch.
Nights 6 & 7: El Greco Hotel
El Greco Hotel boasts a beautiful outdoor pool, sauna and gymnasium. The comfortable lounge is ideal for relaxation while delicious Greek and international food is available in the restaurant. Guests of El Greco are welcomed by hospitable and personable staff that will cater to the need of all guests.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go...
1. The Acropolis Museum: Home of over 4,000 ancient Greek artifacts displayed in a 14,000 square foot, state-of-the-art structure in the heart of the classic city of Athens.
2. Panagia Ekatondapiliani Church: The oldest remaining Byzantine church in Greece featuring inspiring architecture and rich history.
3. Delos: According to Greek mythology, this is the birthplace of Apollo, god of light.
4. Your own private cooking class! Get a private lesson in Mediterranean cuisine in the scenic village of Engares.