Belize Family Vacations
Skeletons, stalactites and sea turtles
Cave tubing, cliff jumping, Caribbean snorkeling. There’s never a dull moment to be had in Belize, home to 1.2 million acres of pristine wilderness and a fascinating world of ancient Mayan history.
...or call 800.575.1540
• Awake to the call of exotic birdsong at Mystic River eco-resort, tucked into the heart of the jungle
• Paddle the Mopan River to the Xunantunich Mayan Site and climb to the tip-top of El Castillo pyramid, where you can see all the way to Guatemala
• Marvel at the sparkling stalactites, stalagmites, and flow stones on a hike through Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave, where ancient stoneware and skeletal remains tell spooky stories of the rituals and ceremonies of the Mayan past
• Count to three before launching from a limestone cliff on a heart-thumping zip-line ride through Jaguar Paw Park
• Cave-jump into crystal-blue waters before taking in the natural beauty of the Mayan underworld by inner tube
• Snorkel the turquoise waters around Silk Cayes on the hunt for sea turtles, eagle rays and arrow crabs. Enjoy a day of leisure at Robert’s Grove with guided scuba diving, snorkeling, fly-fishing, horseback riding, kayaking, and cave swimming, or simply relax with the family on an oh-so-perfect, white sand beach
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Belize vacations:
Belize: Belize | Western Belize
8 days/7 nightsNights 1 to 3: Mystic River Resort
In this serene oasis, there are no crowds, just the soothing sounds of birds, rustling trees, and soft breezes. Mystic River Resort is at the forefront of ecotourism in Belize – they collect and purify all of their water and produce all of their electricity while not sacrificing luxury or accommodation.Nights 4 to 7: Robert’s Grove Beach Resort
Robert’s Grove is a beautifully appointed Hacienda-style Belize beach resort nestled on 22 acres of the finest white sand beach in Placencia Belize. Its ideal location allows guests to be surrounded by Belize’s best attractions- the Barrier Reef, Tropical Rainforest & Mayan Ruins. Whether you're looking to explore the unique natural attractions that make Belize so special or you just want to relax on the beach and be pampered, you’ll have guaranteed satisfaction at this resort.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go...
1. Bring your binoculars, bird lovers! Belize has over 500 distinct varieties of birds more than any other country in the world.
2. Belize cares about the environment as much as we do! Due to strict government regulation, 2/3 of the Belizean natural forest is safe from exploitation. Phew!
3. While cultures may be different it is nice to know we have a lot of similarities: Belize’s national motto is, “Under the Shade, I flourish.”