France | Burgundy Itinerary
(Host City: Dijon, France (DIJ))
Day 1: Dijon
Day 2: Beaune
Day 3: Beaune
Day 4: Dracy-le-Fort
Day 5: Tournus
Day 6: Tournus (departure)
Quotes from the Field:
"Fabulous way to really see the area and get to know the culture."
Pat Antliff - Toronto, ON
Burgundy Bike Tours
A taste of the good life in the heart of France
Pedal ancient roads through picturesque farms and world-renowned wine villages, taking in the serenity of the landscape and the sweet, ubiquitous scent of grape vines on this six-day Burgundy biking experience.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Arrive early in the university town of Dijon, the ancient capital of the Dukes of Burgundy, with time to explore the Musée des Beaux-Arts and the gargoyle-studded church of Notre-Dame
- Ride from Gevrey-Chambertin to Château de Marsannay for a tour of the impressive 35-hectares estate and a wine tasting
- Follow the gently rolling Route des Grands Crus along the Côte de Nuits and the Côte de Beaune, pausing to visit the quaint villages of Nuits-St. Georges, Aloxe-Corton and Savigny
- Sip a glass of Burgundy wine and take in the old town of Beaune from your hotel terrace before savoring an elegant dinner of lobster ravioli, foie gras and homemade soufflé ice cream
- Cycle the vineyard-clad district surrounding Chagny, enjoying tastings at esteemed labels such as Meursault, Mercurey and Santenay (among others)
- Follow a railway track-turned bike path to the hamlet of Cormatin, where a 17th century chateau and lovely park offer majestic views of the Charolais hills
Click here for more information on Austin-Lehman Adventure's France vacations:
France: France Family | Loire Valley
France: France Family | Normandy
France: France | Brittany/Normandy
France: France | Dordogne
France: France | Loire Valley
France: France | Provence
France: France | Walking in Provence
Night 1: Hotel les Grands Crus
This peaceful guest establishment simply radiates in the heart of its famed village of Côtes de Nuits. Just step into this atmosphere of old-fashioned charm and already you begin to experience the delights of Burgundy.
Nights 2 & 3: Hotel de la Poste
Your hotel places you at the heart of the great wine region, Burgundy, land of electon of professional wine experts and enthusiast. The establishment of prestige, a former coaching inn, is close to the street paved, typical houses and the ramparts of the historic city center of Beaune.
Night 4: Hotel le Dracy
The quiet of the countryside and the lively bustle of town just a few kilometers away... Welcome to the heart of Cote Chalonnaise wine region between Givry and Chalon-sur-Saône.
Night 5: Hotel de Greuze
Hotel de Greuze is a 4 stars hotel located halfway between Lyon and Dijon, and only a few minutes from A6 highway.
The hotel is located in the heart of Burgundy in Tournus (Saone-et-Loire region) and is a perfect place to end a day on your business trip, or for spending a relaxing holiday vacation.