Alberta | Biking in the Canadian Rockies Itinerary
(Host City: Calgary, Alberta (YYC))
Day 1: Bow Valley
Day 2: Lake Louise
Day 3: Athabasca Glacier and Columbia Icefields
Day 4: Ross Lake and Banff
Day 5: Banff and Lake Minnewanka
Day 6: Calgary
Quotes From the Field:
Canadian Rockies Vacations
The Canadian Rockies: the wind in your face and a world of vast, awe-inspiring wilderness at your fingertips
...or call 800.575.1540
From the quiet, backcountry roads of Bow Valley to the spectacular mountain landscapes of Banff and Lake Louise, journey deep into the heart of the Canadian Rockies on this world-class 6-day Rocky Mountain biking tour.
• Bike the secluded backroads of Bow Valley, keeping an eye out for wolves, elk, and big-horn sheep
• Saddle up for an awesome ride down Columbia Icefields Parkway, rated one of the Top 10 Cycle Tours of the World
• Spend a day cycling amongst towering, snow-capped spires on your way to Radium, where you’ll be rewarded with a soak in the natural hot springs
• Pedal to Two Jack Lake, marveling at the mirror image of Mount Rundle towering nearly 10,000 feet above
• Relax in a bubbly whirlpool and savor a well-earned dinner before cozying up in the casual comfort of your Rocky Mountain lodge
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Alberta vacations:
Alberta: Alberta Family | Banff to Jasper
Alberta: Alberta | Banff to Jasper
Alberta: Alberta | Hiking in the Canadian Rockies
6 days/5 nights
Night 1 & 2: Baker Creek Chalets
Nestled in a peaceful wooded setting, beside Baker Creek, this lodge and cabins blend magically into their surroundings, far from the bustle of Lake Louise.
Night 3: Prestige Inn
Located in the Canadian Rockies amid an incomparable setting of majestic mountain peaks, the Prestige Inn Golden is just west of Lake Louise. Situated close to downtown Golden, British Columbia, the Inn offers easy access to many of the area’s outdoor activities. With a hot tub, indoor pool, and fitness center this is an ideal spot relax and recharge.
Night 4: Mountain View Inn
The Mountain View Inn is in the heart of the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains in Canmore, Alberta, just a short distance away from the majestic Banff National Park and Lake Louise. The area is full of natural beauty and year-round activities perfect for the whole family!
Nights 5: Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge
This quintessential Canadian Lodge features a distinctive Rundle Rock fireplace and showcases Canadian artwork throughout. The over-sized bathrooms are sure to please anyone after a hard day's adventure in Banff.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. There are no rats in all of Alberta! Phew!
2. Thanks to all those beautiful snowcapped mountains, Canada has the third largest renewable water supply in the world!
3. Alberta has the highest rated education system in the English speaking world. You go, Alberta!