Alaska | Kenai Peninsula Itinerary
(Host City: Anchorage, Alaska (ANC))
Day 1: Alaska Railroad/Fox Island/Resurrection Bay
Day 2: Kenai Fjords National Park/Seward
Day 3: Exit Glacier/Harding Icefield
Day 4: Russian River/Johnson Pass Trail/Hope
Day 5: Winner Creek Trail/Byron Glacier
Day 6: Girdwood to Indian Creek/Anchorage (departure)
Quotes From the Field:
"Fox Island was unbelievable. The quaint cabins, the kayaking, the amazing meals, the morning we spent on a boat watching glaciers calve and orca whales swimming about...thinking about it makes me want to do it again!"
Ken Lyons - Ringwood, NJ
Alaska Adventure Vacation
Whales, wildflowers and waterfalls: the wonders of Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula
Experience the best of Alaska’s wilderness and wildlife as you hike, bike, kayak and cruise the pristine lands, glaciers and waterways of the stunning 650,000-acre Kenai Fjords National Park.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Listen for the sharp crack! of a glacier calving into an ice-studded sea on a glacier and wildlife cruise
- Paddle the pristine waters of Resurrection Bay alongside seals, sea otters and puffins
- Soak up a panoramic vista of Exit Glacier on a hike to the Harding Icefield
- Let the mist of a thundering waterfall cool your cheeks on a bike ride to the gold rush town of Hope
- Hike through dense rain forest to the base of Byron Glacier and hunt for mysterious ice worms
- Learn about the impact of global climate change on the local wildlife
- Feast on fresh-off-the-boat wild salmon before unwinding in the comfort of the rustic Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge
Click here for more information on Austin-Lehman Adventure's Alaska vacations:
Alaska: Alaska Cruise | Northern Passages & Glacier Bay
Alaska: Alaska Family | Kenai Peninsula
6 days/5 nightsNight 1: Fox Island Wilderness Lodge
This beautifully rustic lodge is situated on a 3 square mile island. Charming, romantic and completely private, Fox Island is accessible only by boat and features cozy cabins in a rocky island cove setting. Nights 2 & 3: Windsong Lodge
Situated in a thick spruce grove with a panoramic view of the Resurrection River Valley, the Seward Windsong Lodge is Seward's finest accommodation. Nights 4 & 5: Alyeska Resort
Nestled in the Chugach Mountains, this elegant hotel boasts lovely guestrooms, expansive views, a full-service spa and the award-winning Seven Glaciers restaurant 2,000 feet above the hotel.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go on our Alaska adventure tours...
1. The Kenai Fjords nature cruise: it's one of the premier marine wildlife tours in North America.
2. The seclusion of Fox Island: there's no sign of man as far as the eye can see.
3. Travel along Crow Creek Pass: stand atop of it in awe of how it was once part of the original Iditarod Trail.
4. Seward's Sea Life Center: born from the infamous Exxon Valdez oil spill, the center offers an up-close view of real-life animal rescue.