Montana Family | Montana Camp Itinerary
(Host City: Bozeman, Montana (BZN))
Day 1: Bozeman & Paradise Valley
Day 2: Mammoth Hot Springs
Day 3: Old Faithful and Grand Prismatic
Day 4: Horse Butte Lookout & Discovery Center
Day 5: Gallatin Valley
Day 6: Hyalite Canyon and Bozeman
Quotes from the Field:
"It was a great experience; a wonderful family adventure that will be in our memories forever."
Mark Sullivan - Fairfield, CT
Family Camping Trips in Montana
Ride with cowboys and relax with campfires
Craving a true taste of the Wild West? This unique adventure offers the perfect balance of deluxe camping and rustic lodging in the heart of Montana’s Big Sky Country, Yellowstone National Park and Paradise Valley.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Try your hand at roping and saddling a horse alongside a 4th generation wrangler on Dome Mountain
- Hike or horseback ride deep into the Gallatin Mountains working up an appetite for a traditional Dutch Oven cookout
- Hike to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone via the “back door” Wapiti Trail
- Explore Yellowstone’s countless geothermal features including Fountain Paint Pots and Morning Glory Pool (to name a few), pausing for a swim in the Boling River
- Ride the tram to the top of Lone Peak in Big Sky for stunning views of the Madison and Gallatin Ranges
- Hike the South Fork of Spanish Creek from Ted Turner’s Flying D Ranch to Pioneer Falls, soaking up the picture-perfect views of Gallatin Peak, Beacon Point and Blaze Mountain along the way
- Complete your evening with a campfire, cookout, and s’mores before falling asleep to the gentle sound of the Gallatin River
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Montana vacations:
Montana: Montana Family | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana Family | Great Western Adventure
Montana: Montana | Big Sky, Yellowstone & Paradise Valley
Montana: Montana | Glacier NP
Montana: Yellowstone National Park
Montana: Yellowstone National Park Family
Montana: Yellowstone Winter
6 days/5 nights
Night 1 Red Mountain Camp
Red Mountain Camp is located in the beautiful Gallatin Valley, which was named by Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, and sits near the majestic Madison River. Big Sky Country at its best, this camp ground is an ideal place for spotting all the stars city lights drown out.
Night 2 Canyon Lodge
Canyon Lodge is a sprawling facility near the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. This hotel is an ideal place to stay for maximizing your Yellowstone experience. The cabins are quaint and retain their charm from when they were built in the 1950’s while being recently redone. All hotel and cabin rooms have private baths.
Nights 3 & 4 Red Cliffs Campground
Located just north of West Yellowstone, this camp ground sits in the stunning Gallatin River Canyon. Camp sites are mostly tucked away in the pine and fir trees for shade and protection from the wind but the nearby meadow is a good place to spot a critter or enjoy the night sky.
Night 5 Mountain View Lodge
This lodge, located in historic and charming town of Bozeman, is conveniently located and will give you a comfortable night’s rest. The local family operation provides both an indoor pool and indoor Jacuzzi for your relaxation.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. Montana's crisp air is best experienced under the starts, just before climbing into a sleeping bag.
2. There is a reason why we are called the Big Sky State, come see for yourself!
3. Known only to locals (and of course our guides), we'll take a dip in a hidden hot spring that tumbles into the Gardiner River.
4. Every kid should have the opportunity to taste one (or several) freshly burnt marshmallow under a star-studded night sky.