France Bike Tours
A two-wheeled journey from the beaches of Contentin to the battlefields of Normandy
Follow a spectacular shoreline from Barfleur to Bayeux, snaking through fishing harbors, along windswept seaside plateaus, past historic WWII sites, and into a rolling green countryside peppered with sheep, cattle, and ancient stone farmhouses.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Pedal to the backdrop of jagged promontories and sandy beaches, enveloped in the smell of the sea
- Snack on a plate of sweet oysters farmed off the shores of Cancale
- Climb to the top of one of France's tallest lighthouses in the fishing port of Barfleur
- Learn about a momentous chapter in American history on a visit to the cemetery above Omaha Beach
- Retrace William the Conqueror’s conquest of England as you walk along the colorful 230-foot Bayeux Tapestry
- Feast on fresh seafood, savory crêpes, Camembert cheese and Calvados apple brandy before unwinding in the comfort of the majestic 16th century Château de Sully
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' France vacations:
France: France Family | Loire Valley
France: France Family | Normandy
France: France | Burgundy
France: France | Dordogne
France: France | Loire Valley
France: France | Provence
France: France | Walking in Provence
6 days/5 nights
Nights 1 & 2: Hotel la Granitière
Located in the center of a small fishing port, Hotel La Granitière is a delightful hotel surrounded by the lush Normandy countryside. The local oysters are reputed to be some of the finest in France, and the sheltered location encourages almost tropical vegetation, including mimosa and palm trees.
Nights 3 to 5: Château de Sully
Between sea and countryside... a subtle scent of aristocracy. Step into the atmosphere of a beautiful home brimming with French-style tradition. Discover its distinctive rooms shared between the chateau and the manor.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. The scenery: Normandy has beautiful beaches, incredible cliffs, and pastoral farm land..
2. The seafood: With its vast coastline, Normandy offers superb seafood.
3. The battlefields: You'll see the D-Day landing beaches, the inland battlefields, some of the cemeteries of the principal armies, and plenty of museums.