Germany | Romantic Road Itinerary
(Host City: Munich, Germany (MUC)/ Frankfurt, Germany(FRA))
Day 1: Nördlingen
Day 2: Dinkelsbühl
Day 3: Rothenburg
Day 4: Rothenburg
Day 5: Bad Mergentheim
Day 6: Wertheim
Day 7: Frankfurt (departure)
Quotes From the Field:
“We have traveled with Euro-Bike for years. Austin-Lehman added little details to enhance the experience.”
The Kosandas - Naperville, IL
Europe Bike Trips - Romantic Road
Village hop along Germany’s fabled Romantic Road
Medieval towns, quiet country roads, magnificent castles and charming locals set the perfect stage for your weeklong adventure from Nördlingen to Wertheim along Germany’s Middle Age trade route, the Romantic Road.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Explore crooked streets, half-timbered houses and a 14th century wall in the picture-perfect town of Nördlingen
- Coast through pastures and fields of sunflowers along farming roads closed to four-wheeled traffic
- Watch a falcon flight show at Schillingsfürst Castle
- Pedal to Rothenburg, a vibrant village of cliff-side gardens, impressive art and an intriguing criminal museum, and enjoy a guided evening walk with a spirited night watchman
- Pedal beneath a thick forest canopy along the meandering path of the Tauber River
- Relax in the warmth of a sauna, sip a home-brewed beer and indulge in a dinner of bratwurst, kartoffelknödeln (potato dumplings) and apple pancakes before retiring for a restful sleep in the comfort of your hand-selected hotel
Click here for more information on Austin-Lehman Adventure's Germany vacations:
Germany: Germany Family | Mosel Valley
Germany: Germany | Mosel Valley
7 days/6 nights
Night 1: NH Hotel Klösterle
Linked to the historic wing of the monastery church, the NH Klösterle Nördlingen is located in the center of the old town on the Romantic Road. The Klösterle offers modern accommodations and it’s very well appointed with artwork. Night 2: Hotel Deutsches Haus
This 15th century family-owned hotel is one of the most beautiful of its kind in Southern Germany. Still exudes an old Franconian charm and warmth, making it an ideal place to stay a romantic break or touring holiday.Nights 3-4: Hotel Markusturm
A customs house back in 1264, Hotel Markusturm sits on a picturesque location in a medieval town. Eight centuries later, it has been transformed into a hotel for visitors from all over the world.Night 5: Hotel Victoria
Conveniently located next to the center of town, Hotel Victoria is a legendary and charming hotel. Its exclusive ambiance, stylish rooms and excellent cuisine spoils the most discerning guests.Night 6: Hotel Schwan
Located at the center of the Franconian wine country – was built onto the former city walls and the old city gate of the medieval Wertheim. Combine this with the gorgeous surroundings and you are sure to have a very personal experience.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go…
1. The museums: From medieval crime to puppets and dolls, you’ll find great museums for just about any interest.
2. The town hall of Rothenburg: An architectural beauty comprised of two different structures: a Gothic building with a high tower and a Renaissance building. Climb them to the top for a spectacular panoramic view.
3. The jazz: Germany offers many great Jazz clubs and Jazz festivals.
4. The natural landscapes: Experience nature at its best by exploring the country’s wonderfully diverse and importantly unique flora and fauna as well as natural and biosphere reserves.