Idaho Family | Salmon River Raft Itinerary
(Host City: Lewiston, Idaho (LWS))
Day 1: Lewiston
Day 2: Lewiston / Nez Perce Historical Park / Whitebird / Salmon River
Day 3: Salmon River
Day 4: Salmon River
Day 5: Salmon River
Day 6: Snake River/Lewiston
Day 7: Lewiston
Quotes from our family rafting trips:
"Best vacation we've ever had. Kids had a blast from day one till the end."
James Jones - Intercession City, FL
Idaho Family Rafting Vacations
Hot sun, warm water, white-sand beaches, and rapids as fun as they come
Cascade by raft or inflatable kayak down 60 miles of Idaho’s Salmon River, famous for its playful rapids, massive sandy beaches and historic Nez Perce Indian sites on this seven-day Salmon River family adventure.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Count the “pit houses” once inhabited by Nez Perce predecessors that have dotted the banks of the Salmon for centuries
- Hoot ‘n holler as you descend the rapids of Wright Way and Demon’s Drop
- Relax after a day on the water with a dip or a good book as the kids play horseshoes with the guides
- Learn the history of the Chinese minors who scoured the land for gold in the late 1800’s
- High five after tackling the splashy rapids of Cougar and Snow Hole Canyon
- Float with Idaho to your right and Oregon to your left at the confluence of the Idaho and Snake Rivers in Hells Canyon
- Savor an artfully prepared dinner and s’mores around a crackling fire before calling it a night beneath a starlit sky
*This trip is operated in partnership with ROW Adventures.
7 days/6 nightsNights 1 & 6: Red Lion Hotel
Only three miles from the Lewiston airport, the Red Lion offers free airport shuttle service and wireless Internet access. Arrive early to take advantage of indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs.Nights 2-5: Deluxe Riverside Camping
On trips with 13 or more guests, a large 22-foot cargo raft carries the bulk of your camping gear and food. The cargo raft, along with a support crew, will arrive at camp ahead of the group to set up the kitchen and dining area. The crew will also set up your spacious two-person tents that are provided for you. When we arrive at camp all you have to do choose your tent and roll out your sleeping bag, flannel liner, and thick, self-inflating foam sleeping pad (also provided.)
A few more reasons why you've gotta try our family rafting trips…
1. Family trips are designed by families and exclusively for families (Yes, aunts, uncles and grandparents are welcome!)
2. Family trips are staffed with ROW's signature, River Jester™, who leads nature-oriented games and activities for kids of all ages.
3. On our family trips we serve two dinners. The first is typically presented around 6:00pm and features a menu more suitable to kids' tastes. About 7:30pm we serve our usual fantastic adult menu.
4. All family trips include a festive, hosted farewell dinner.