Belize | Western Belize Itinerary
(Host City: Belize City, Belize (BZE))
Day 1: Belize City
Day 3: Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave
Day 4: Caracol Maya Site
Day 5: Royal Palm Island
Day 6: Hol Chan Marine Park and Shark Ray Alley
Day 7: Royal Palm Island
Day 8: Belize City
Quotes From the Field:
"Top notch places and experiences. This was one of our very best trips ever!"
Karen Shurtz - Santa Rosa, CA
Belize Adventure Travel
Untouched for centuries, Belize’s pristine habitat has it all
...or call 800.575.1540
Explore ancient Mayan ruins, lush subtropical forests, and the second largest barrier reef in the world. Whether venturing into jungle caves by headlamp or snorkeling crystal-blue waters in, Belize – is a country begging to be explored.
• Visit the ancient ruins of Xunantunich, home to 25 temples and palaces, and Cahal Pech, one of the oldest Mayan sites in Western Belize
• Glimpse into a bygone era of sacred Mayan ritual and sacrifice as you explore the skeletal remains and stoneware hidden in Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave, accessible only by foot – and a short swim!
• Gaze skyward in an astronomical observatory at Caracol, where Mayan ancestors once studied the stars
• Launch 1,200 feet across the jungle canopy as you sail by zip-line through Jaguar Paw Park
• Cave-jump into a perfectly clear swimming hole before taking in the natural beauty of the Mayan underworld by inner tube
• Snorkel the azure waters and colorful reefs of Hol Chan Marine Reserve, and take the opportunity to feed the beautiful nurse sharks and sting rays.
• Soak up a day of leisure with a relaxing massage or with a book on your private beachfront palpa
Click here for more information on Austin Adventures' Belize vacations:
Belize: Belize Family | Western Belize
8 days/7 nightsNights 1 to 4: Dream Valley Resort
Located in the beautiful Belize River Valley, the resort elegantly sits on hilltops above the bank of the majestic Belize River. Newly opened in February of 2012, the luxury designer resort offers opulence, comfort and a perfect equilibrium between nature and luxury.Nights 5 to 7: Royal Palm Island
Located only one mile away from the Belize Barrier Reef, and less than 9 miles from Belize City the tiny island paradise known as Royal Palm Island is situated on Little Frenchman Caye. Nestled away from the 'hustle and bustle’ of city life, where the pace of life is deliberately slow you can enjoy the stunning view of the vibrant azure of the Caribbean Sea from the privacy of your own spacious cottage.
A few more reasons why you've gotta go...
1. Belize has a rare breed of howler monkey that is known as one of the top ten loudest animals in the world. Don’t worry, it sleeps like you and me.
2. The waters off Belize are known to inhabit more than 400 species of subtropical fish. They are also some of the rarest varieties of fish due to them inhabiting the natural reefs off the coast.
3. In Belize, gibnut is a delicacy. Gibnut also has a nickname: The Royal Rat! This member of the rodent family is served many places in Belize and tastes like chicken… but tougher. Bon appétit!