Chile/Argentina | Wine Country Itinerary
(Host City: Mendoza, Argentina (MDZ)/ Santiago, Chile (SCL))
Day 1: Mendoza
Day 2: Central Valleys of Mendoza
Day 3: Mendoza- Uco Valley
Day 4: Mendoza to Santiago
Day 5: Santiago to Valparaiso
Day 6: Colchagua Valley
Day 7: Colchagua Valley
Day 8: Colchagua Valley
Day 9: Colchagua Valley to Santiago
Quotes from the Field:
"Our guides did a great job making sure all the guests had their needs met. They delivered excellent service and were willing to do anything to make sure we were well accommodated."
Mike Pipkin - Crownsville, MD
South America Adventure Travel
Savor world-famous wines and spectacular scenery on both sides of the Andes
Tucked away beneath towering Andean peaks sits one of the finest and most striking wine regions on the planet. Taste your way from Mendoza to Santiago by foot, bike and horseback on this nine-day Chilean/Argentinean adventure.
...or call 800.575.1540
- Pedal the soft green countryside surrounding Mendoza to the quaint town of Chacras de Coria
- Sample award-winning Malbecs, Syrahs and Cabernets at the Achaval Ferrer winery
- Bike along a stretch of the Andes beneath the towering 22,300-foot Mount Tupungato in the Uco Valley
- Savor a traditional five course lunch and wine pairing at Ruca Malen Bodega
- Trek across the Argentinean/Chilean border to Lake Horcones for a picnic lunch overlooking Mount Aconcagua, the tallest peak in the western hemisphere
- Explore the central fish market and Plaza de Armas (main square) in Santiago, voted the #1 Place to Go in 2011 by the New York Times
- Ride horseback through the rolling hills of the Colchagua Valley
- Sit down for a mariscos (seafood) lunch in the bustling center of Valparaiso and try your hand at blending your own wine at the MontGras winery
Click here for more information on Austin-Lehman Adventure's Chile vacations:
Chile: Chile/Argentina | Patagonia
Chile: Chile/Argentina | Salta to Atacama
Nights 1 to 3: Lares de Chacras
This country style house reflects the art of combining Andean stone with typical desert wood, bringing out a natural, simple and modern look. The minute any guest walks in, they know they are in a land of wines.
Nights 4 & 5: Four Points Hotel
Located in the exclusive financial and commercial district of Providencia, in Santiago, this modern hotel offers stunning views of the ANdes Mountains or Santiago.
Nights 6 to 8: Viña La Playa Wine lodge
Just as more and more wine lovers are discovering the quality and value of Chilean wines, more and more world travelers are discovering the exciting travel opportunities of this gorgeous country.