National Park Vacations
Yosemite National Park Vacation Packages
Austin Adventures' Yosemite Family Adventure Vacations:
|Yosemite National Park Family
Yosemite vacations feature picturesque views and family-friendly activities from the leaders in family adventure vacations, Austin Adventures. Read More >
Did You Know
- Massive rockfalls have helped shape many of the outstanding features along Yosemite Valley's walls, including Royal Arches, North Dome and Half Dome.
- Yosemite Falls, at 2,425 feet, is the world’s 5th highest waterfall. It's actually made up of three separate falls: Upper Yosemite Fall (1,430 feet), the middle cascades (675 feet) and Lower Yosemite Fall (320 feet).
- Starting in 1907, the Yosemite Valley Railroad brought passengers bound for Yosemite Valley up the Merced River canyon to El Portal. From there, they would take stagecoaches to the Valley.
- El Capitan, at 3,593 feet is the single largest rock monolith in the United States.
- The Yosemite Firefall was an 88 year old park tradition until it was discontinued in 1968. Every summer evening at 9:00 pm in Yosemite Valley, a crowd would gather to watch a great bonfire of red fir bark as it was pushed evenly over the edge of Glacier Point cliff, appearing to the onlookers below as a glowing waterfall of sparks and fire.